SCCM task sequence check readiness step now displays more information about readiness checks. Starting in Configuration Manager version 2103, if the task sequence fails because the client doesn’t meet the requirements configured in the Check readiness step, the user can now see more details about the failed prerequisites. However, the user can still see the common “task sequence error” message but can then select an option to Inspect. This action shows the checks that failed on the device.
Task Sequence Check Readiness Step
The readiness check is the built-in step available in SCCM Task Sequence with Windows 10 upgrade options. You can also include the readiness check step to verify that the target computer meets the specified deployment prerequisite conditions.
Starting in Configuration Manager version 2006, the Check Readiness step has a total of thirteen checks. None of these nine new checks are selected by default in new or existing instances of the step.
Architecture of current OS Minimum OS version Maximum OS version Minimum client version Language of current OS AC power plugged in Network adapter connected Network adapter is not wireless Computer is in UEFI mode
The following default options are available in the Check Readiness step for Upgrade Task Sequence –
To add this step in the task sequence editor, select Add, select General, and select Check Readiness.
- On the client machine, I tried to run an upgrade Operating system. On the confirmation box, click Install.
Note – You might have different user experiences based on the selection and Task Sequence deployment process. Deploy Windows 10 Upgrade Task Sequence
- If a task sequence fails because the client doesn’t meet the requirements of this step, the user can select an option to Inspect. This action shows the checks that failed on the device.
- Click on Inspect button to see check readiness verifications that failed. Here you can see It shows the checks that failed on the device.
- After reviewing the Task sequence check readiness failure, You can modify the existing step or make changes to the client machine to meet the specified deployment prerequisite conditions and for a smooth user experience.
- What’s new in version 2103 of Configuration Manager’s current branch
- SCCM 2103 Upgrade Guide | ConfigMgr | Prerequisites | Step by Step
- Top 5 New Features of ConfigMgr 2103 | SCCM