You can get the list of Windows 11 ADK versions from this post. Microsoft released the production version of Windows 11, and you can now download the Windows 11 ISO from various places. You can manage all Windows 11 clients using SCCM 2107 version or later.
The end-to-end installation guide for Windows 11 ADK and WinPE are explained in the previous blog post. Microsoft has not released any other versions of Windows 11 ADK. The installation guide for only Windows 11 ADK is shared in the following post – Download Windows 11 ADK Installation Guide Step By Step guide.
This post also covers download links for all Windows 11 ADK versions. Windows 11 update frequency is not the same as Windows 10. There are two updates a year for Windows 10. There will be only one update per year for Windows 11 version.
The Windows 11 ADK version released now is for Windows 11 21H2. The next version of Windows 11 is expected to be in Oct 2022, and that version must be called Windows 11 22H2. The Windows 11 build version details are also available with HTMD community posts.
The Windows 10 ADK upgrade process won’t impact your custom boot images and OSD process. Another ADK installation process guide that you can refer to is SCCM Step by Step Guide to Update Windows ADK and WinPE Versions.
Windows 11 ADK and WinPE Components
The Windows 11 ADK and WinPE support the following list of features/components. The details about the supported features for Windows 11 are explained in Windows 11 ADK installation post.
- Application Compatibility Tools
- Deployment Tools
- Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD)
- Configuration Designer
- User State Migration Tool (USMT)
- Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT)
- Windows Performance Toolkit
- Windows Assessment Toolkit
- Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) Template
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Sequencer
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Auto Sequencer
- Media eXperience Analyzer
- Windows PE add-on to supports post-RTM updates to tools in the ADK
Windows 11 ADK Support for SCCM Versions
Windows 11 ADK can only be installed on the supported version of SCCM 2107 or later. The older versions of SCCM are not supported for Windows 11 ADK for Windows 11 21H2 version. The best practice is to update the Windows 11 ADK before upgrading the SCCM version.
|Windows 11 ADK Support
|Windows 11 ADK version for Windows 11 21H2
Windows 11 ADK Versions List Download Options
The following table will give you more details about the supported versions of Windows 11 ADK. Microsoft does not support the previous versions, which are not on the list.
NOTE! – Recommendation is to use the latest and supported versions of Windows 11 ADK.
|Windows 11 ADK Versions
|ADK Version Numbers
|Windows ADK version for Windows 11 version 22H2
|Windows 11 ADK for Windows 22H2 version
|Win PE for Windows 11 22H2
|Windows ADK version for Windows 11 version 21H2
|Windows 11 ADK for Windows 11 21H2
|Win PE for Windows 11
Windows 11 ADK Known Issue
There are already some the known issue with Windows ADK, and Microsoft already documented these known issues.
- Modern Standby performance assessment:
- For new LockScreen option: For the “When should Windows require you to sign-in again” question in the Settings app sign-in options, make sure to select “When PC wakes up from sleep”.
- Some regions of interests may randomly appear in the Windows Assessment Toolkit assessment report due to a known issue in Windows Performance Toolkit. Re-analysis of the results may correct the issue.
- Microsoft Edge performance assessment:
- Microsoft Store App performance assessment:
Anoop is Microsoft MVP! He is a Solution Architect in enterprise client management with over 17 years of experience (calculation done in 2018). He is Blogger, Speaker, and Local User Group HTMD Community leader. His main focus is on Device Management technologies like SCCM 2012, Current Branch, and Intune. He writes about ConfigMgr, Windows 11, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Windows 365, AVD, etc…..…