This is a quick guide to upgrading Windows 10 Home to a professional edition without formatting or reinstalling the system. You can use the Windows 10 Product Key change option to upgrade from Home to Professional edition.
Related Post – Windows 10 backup agent – http://vee.am/dEvoIw
Windows 10 Computer Specifications
Let’s get the Windows 10 edition details from Windows 10 specifications.
- Click on Start Menu
- Click on “Settings” ICON to display the settings options
- Click on the Settings option
NOTE! – If you want to use Windows 10 Short keys I shared in the previous post “Windows 10 Shortcut Keys Keyboard Shortcuts.”
- Click on System from Windows 10 Settings application.
- Click on the About option from System.
- Scroll down
- At the bottom of the about page – the Windows Specifications heading on the right side
- Edition – Windows 10 Home
- You can check the Windows 10 edition from Control Panel –> System and Security –> System.
Activate Windows 10
Before changing the Windows 10 Product Key from the Home edition to the Professional edition, you need to make sure that you have activated the Windows 10 Home version.
- You can check whether your Windows 10 Home edition is activated or not from the following link: ms-settings:activation?activationSource=anoopcnair.com
- Click on Activate Windows as you can see in the below screenshot.
Let’s confirm you have activated the Windows 10 edition and you should see any of the following messages after having successfully activated Windows 10 Home edition. More details about activation.
- Windows is activated
- Windows is activated with a digital license
- Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account
Windows 10 Home to Professional Upgrade
Now let’s upgrade the Windows 10 home to professional.
- Click on Start Menu
- Click on “Settings” ICON to display the settings options.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click Activation,
- Scroll down to Update product key,
- Click on the hyperlink 👉 Change Product Key.
- Enter the Windows 10 Professional Product Keys.
- Click on the Next button to continue.
Results Windows 10 Product Key Change
Let’s check what the results look like after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Professional without formatting your computer.
- Navigate – Control Panel\System and Security\System