Let’s learn how to install and use the WhatsApp app on Windows 11 pc. WhatsApp is a great App, and it has eased how the world has connected via talking and sharing digital and graphical data; it is a free messaging app that helps you keep in touch with your Colleagues, friends, and family.
WhatsApp is a very widely used messaging app (similar to Telegram) on your mobile, and you can also use the App on your Computer by downloading it from the MS store. In this post, I will show you how to use WhatsApp on Windows 11 PC and download it from the MS store.
Different Versions of WhatsApp are available on Windows 11 PC. WhatsApp beta is the new version of WhatsApp, and it includes more aditional features compared to the normal WhatsApp version. All versions of WhatsApp are free to use. The latest WhatsApp version is WhatsApp 20.11.
There are two different ways to download and install the WhatsApp app on Windows 11. The first method is to get WhatsApp on a Windows 11 PC from Microsoft Store, and the second method is Install WhatsApp on Windows 11 from its Official Site WhatsApp.com/download/.
- Best ways to use Telegram Messaging App on Windows 11
- Windows Terminal Default Command Line In Windows 11
What are the Features or Advantages of the WhatsApp on Windows 11 PC?
WhatsApp is a messaging App, easy and convenient to use. All the features of the App are completely free and are also free to download. The following are the features of WhatsApp on Windows PC.
1. It is a fast, simple, and convenient messaging App
2. Secured Connection
3. Helps to Share photos and Videos, Send and receive documents
4. WhatsApp is Free to use
5. Helps to make video and voice calls, send text messages, etc
6. WhatsApp takes customer privacy and security into great context
7. Protect Customer Information from 3rd parties and hackers
8. Easily login by scanning a QR code with phones
9. There is no username or password which can be hacked.
10. WhatsApp is a trusted windows store app, so there is no security risk
How to Install the WhatsApp App on Windows 11 PC
You can easily use the WhatsApp App on your Windows PC 11. You can download and install WhatsApp on your Windows PC or try using WhatsApp web on Windows 11 PC. It is easy to get it from Microsoft Store; the following are the steps to install the WhatsApp App on your PC.
- Select Microsoft Store from Start Menu
You can easily search WhatsApp App in your Microsoft Store (see the below screenshot) and click the Get button to install the App on your Windows PC.
- Search and find the WhatsApp App on your MS Store
- Click the Get button from the below screenshot
You can see in the below screenshot that the WhatsApp App is started downloading, 90.31 MB of 159.2 MB is completed downloading, and the 3 rd screenshot shows that the WhatsApp App is installed.
You can easily use WhatsApp on your Windows 11 PC by clicking the Open button from the below screenshot. Most peoples are very convenient with this messaging App because it is free and easy to use.
- Click the Open button from the below screenshot
Other Methods to use WhatsApp on Desktop – WhatsApp for Web and Beta
There are other options to download the WhatsApp application from the WhatsApp website. You can use the WhatsApp Beta for Windows applications from their website or from Microsoft Store.
Download – > WhatsApp Beta – Microsoft Store Apps
You can also use WhatsApp for Web on Windows 11 PCs using Microsoft Edge or any other browser. The functionalities of WhatsApp web would be limited if you compare it with the full desktop application.
WhatsApp for Desktop is available as part of Windows Package Manager and you can use the command line tool WinGet to install it on Windows 11 PCs. You can launch this command line tool from Windows Terminal and use the following commands!
The following Table gives the details of different WhatsApp versions that you can install using the WinGet command line tool. You can use the following command to search and Install!
Search -> Winget Search WhatsApp Install Command Line -> Winget Install WhatsApp.WhatsApp.Beta
|DP and Status Creator for WhatsApp||9NPDKN95X4Z8||Unknown||msstore|
|MSG for WhatsApp||9P7PZ4TMLMWJ||Unknown||msstore|
Use WhatsApp on Mobile and Windows 11 PC
The below screenshot shows the instructions on how to use WhatsApp on your Computer. Next to the listed instructions, you can see a QR code that you need to scan with WhatsApp on your phone to connect to your PC.
- The instructions to use WhatsApp on your Computer
- First, Open WhatsApp on your phone
- Tap Menu or Settings and select the LInked Devices option
- Point your phone to this screen to capture the QR code
To scan the QR code, Open the WhatsApp app on your phone, click on the Menu icon from the screenshot below, and select the Settings option from the list of options.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone
- Click the WhatsApp Menu icon on the top right corner of the WhatsApp app on your phone
- Select the Settings option from the below screenshot
Click on the OR code icon in the top right corner of your phone’s WhatsApp settings page. QR code in WhatsApp is very safe and does not expire until you reset or delete your account.
- Click the QR code icon in the top right corner of your WhatsApp settings page
The QR code page shows two options My code and Scan code. Your WhatsApp QR code is private, and you can easily share it with someone by scanning it with their WhatsApp camera to add as a contact.
Suppose you want to log in to WhatsApp on another device, Tab Continue. You will need to scan the QR code again to link this device. Click the Cancel button if you don’t want to log in to WhatsApp on another device.
- Click the Scan Code option from the QR code page
- Click the Continue button to log in to WhatsApp on another device
After scanning the QR code, You can see that WhatsApp in Windows will organize all its messages. The screenshot below also shows the Log out option, which helps you log out from WhatsApp in Windows 11.
The below screenshot shows that the WhatsApp App on Windows 11 Pc is ready to use. Now you can send and receive messages without keeping your phone online and use WhatsApp on up to 4 linked devices and 1 phone simultaneously.
Note! – You can easily use WhatsApp on up to 4 linked devices and 1 phone simultaneously.
WhatsApp Home Page on Windows 11
The WhatsApp home page on Windows 11 shows options for sending and receiving voice notes, pictures, videos, documents, and other media. You can easily search or start new chats on WhatsApp on Windows 11 and also click the + symbol to create a New chat on WhatsApp.
How to Create WhatsApp Group on Windows 11
You can easily create a WhatsApp group by clicking the 3 dots in the top right corner of WhatsApp and selecting the New Group option from the set of options. Select the people you would like to add to the group and also add a WhatsApp Group Name and a profile picture to the group.
WhatsApp is increasing the group size limit from 256 people to 512 people. The group size limit Change has started rolling out to users with the latest WhatsApp beta update on Android, iOS, and the desktop.
Note! – The maximum number of people in a WhatsApp group is 512. The WhatsApp group size limit Change has now started rolling out to users with the latest WhatsApp beta update on Android, iOS, and the desktop.
The below screenshot and steps show how to create a WhatsApp group on Windows 11 PC.
- Click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the WhatsApp
- Select the New Group option from the set of options
- Add group participants’ names or Type contact names in the below 2nd screenshot
- After adding all the participants, Click the green right arrow (See the below screenshot)
The New Group window shows the options such as Add group icon, Group subject, and Disappearing messages. You can easily Add the group profile picture by right click on the Add group icon.
It shows a context menu of options such as Take photo, Upload photo, Web search, etc. Select the convenient option to add the group profile picture.
- Right-click on the Add group icon and select the convenient option to add the group profile picture
- Type the Group subject in the below screenshot
- Click the Disappearing messages option to change the message disappearance
While clicking the Disappearing messages arrow, the below screenshots will appear and show that you get started with the disappearing messages option and the duration of the disappearing messages. It would help if you turned on the Disappearing feature for more privacy and storage.
Disappearing messages helps you to disappear all new messages in the chat after the selected duration. The disappearing message’s duration includes the options such as 24 hours, 7 hours, 90 days, and Off options.
Note! – “Disappearing Messages” settings do not affect your existing chats or any messages already saved to your devices. Also, remember that people have the option to save the messages in another way.
- Select Ok to get started with Disappearing messages after the selected duration
- Select the Duration of the disappearing messages
- Click Ok from the below screenshot
Group Page Menu Options
On the Group page, there is a menu that shows the options such as Group info, Select messages, Mute notifications, Clear messages, Exit group, etc. Group info helps you show the group information; Select messages allow you to select a particular message.
- Click the Group page menu from the below screenshot
- Group info helps you to get information about the group
- Select messages allow you to select a particular message
- Mute notifications will enable you to mute the notifications of the chat message
- The Clear messages option helps you to clear a specific message
- The Exit group option allows you to exit from the group
Emoji, Attach, and Voice Recorder on Whatsapp on Windows 11
The Emoji panel in WhatsApp helps you share different emojis, GIFs, etc. The Attach option in WhatsApp allows you to share your contact, documents, Camera, stickers, Photos & videos. The voice Recorder will enable you to share the recorded voice.
|Emoji||It helps you to share different types of emojis, GIFs, etc|
|Attach||Allows to share contact, Documents, Sticker, Photo&videos|
|Voice Recorder||Allows to share voice messages|
How to Log Out from the WhatsApp App on Windows 11
The WhatsApp menu shows options such as New group, Archived, Starred messages, Settings, Log Out, etc. As mentioned in the above section, the New Group option helps you create a new group.
You can easily archive an individual or group chat, which will stay archived when you receive a new message from that individual or group chat. The WhatsApp Starred messages allow you to bookmark specific messages and quickly refer to them later.
WhatsApp Settings option includes Notification, Privacy, Security, Theme, Chat wallpaper, Request Account info, Keyboard shortcuts, and Help. The Log Out option in the WhatsApp menu helps you to Log out from WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Status in Windows 11
WhatsApp Status is the Text message, Image, Video, Emoji, and GIFs shown in the Status section of WhatsApp. Recently Arrived Status is shown below the “MY Status” area. The Recently Viewed Status is shown below the “Recently Arrived Status.”
You can easily click on a contact to view their Status updates. The following are the steps to add WhatsApp Status in Windows 11.
- Open WhatsApp from Start Menu
- Click the Status button on the top left of WhatsApp
- Click on My Status from the status window
- Add Text messages, Images, Video, Emoji, and GIFs as WhatsApp status
How to Update WhatsApp App on Windows 11
You can easily Update the WhatsApp app from Microsoft Store. We encourage you to update your WhatsApp app to get the most recent features. The following are the steps to update WhatsApp in Windows 11.
- Open Microsoft Store from Start Menu
- Click Library in the bottom left corner of the MS Store
- Search WhatsApp in the Library search boss
- Select Get updates and then click the Update option to update your WhatsApp in Windows 11
How to Uninstall the WhatsApp app from Windows 11
You can easily Uninstall WhatsApp from Windows 11. There are 2 different ways to Uninstall the WhatsApp app from Windows 11. The below steps and screenshot shows the different way to uninstall WhatsApp App in Windows 11.
- Click Start Menu and Search WhatsApp App in the search box
- Right-click on the WhatsApp app and Select Uninstall
The below steps and screenshot shows the other way to Uninstall WhatsApp from Windows 11. Select Settings from the start menu and click the App tab on the left side of the settings page. Search the WhatsApp app.
Click the 3 dots on the right side of the WhatsApp app, and a Context menu will appear and shows a set of options such as Advanced Options, Move, and Uninstall options. Select the Uninstall option to Uninstall the WhatsApp app in Windows 11.
- Start Menu > Settings >WhatsApp
- Click the 3 dots on the right side of the WhatsApp app
- Select Uninstall option from the set of options
About Author – Vidya is a computer enthusiast. She is here to share quick tips and tricks with Windows 11 or Windows 10 users. She is also keen to find solutions to day-to-day tech problems and write about them.