Download SCCM ConfigMgr PREVIEW Version Configuration Manager ConfigMgr. SCCM Product Group released the newest version of ConfigMgr CB Preview 1710. This is not the production version of SCCM CB 1710. I hope, the production version of 1710 will be released somewhere in November 1710. In this post, we will see “How to Download SCCM ConfigMgr 1710 PREVIEW Version.”
Download the SCCM Preview from Version from
The above download link should be used ONLY when you don’t have SCCM preview version installed in your LAB environment. Or Your SCCM preview version is already expired. The SCCM CB Preview version is valid only for 90 days or 3 month.
For example:- If you have installed SCCM CB preview 1708 and you skipped 1709 and 1710 then, you won’t be able to upgrade the 1708 version to 1711. In the above example, you need to build a new SCCM CB preview infra with the latest baseline build of preview version. If you already have a preview version and it’s working fine then, the latest SCCM CB 1710 update will automatically appear in the console.
You should NOT install this version of SCCM in a production environment. Technical preview versions of SCCM CB will get released every month. I would recommend SCCM admins to install the preview version of SCCM CB in your lab environment.This will help them to keep up with the new features which are getting enabled in every preview release.
High-level View SCCM 1710 Preview Upgrade
SCCM ConfigMgr CB 1710 Preview – Download of the content SCCM ConfigMgr CB 1710 Preview – Available to Install SCCM ConfigMgr CB 1710 Preview – Pre-requisite checks SCCM ConfigMgr CB 1710 Preview – Installation Process SCCM ConfigMgr CB 1710 Preview – Post Installation Steps SCCM ConfigMgr CB 1710 Preview – Console Upgrade
We need to be careful when we configure a task sequence to use an operating system upgrade package or operating system image. This is because Windows 10 1709 fall creators update media includes multiple editions so, we need to select the one which is supported by SCCM/ConfigMgr. More details available here.
I already have a post and video tutorial about creating Windows 10 1709 upgrade TS and operating system upgrade package. You can have a look at the post from the following link “How to Create SCCM Windows 10 1709 Upgrade Task Sequence.” More details about the know issues of 1710 preview version are available here.
What are the New Features of SCCM CB 1710 Preview
Following is the list of new or improved features included in SCCM CB 1710 preview version. My favourite new/improved features are #1, #2 and #3.
- Ability to Check compliance for co-managed devices from Software Center when conditional access is managed by Intune
- Improved Run Scripts capabilities
- Allow up to 512×512 pixel icons for application in Software Center
- Ability to Limit Windows 10 enhanced telemetry to only send data relevant to Windows Analytics Device Health
- Configure and deploy Windows Defender Application Guard policies
- Authorize software that is trusted by the Intelligent Security Graph as part of Windows Defender Application Control
- Configure Windows Defender Exploit Guard
- Improved descriptions for pending computer restarts
- Support for Cryptography: Next Generation certificates
More details about the features are available here.