It seems SCCM or ConfigMgr and Intune re-branding is happening during MS Ignite 2019. Intune and SCCM are merging as one product offering from the Microsoft perspective, and that product is called Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
Ignite 2019 Coverage
- Microsoft Endpoint Management SCCM Intune Windows Updates
- MEM is the future of SCCM Intune MEMMI MEMCM (this post)
- iOS Android macOS Mobile Enrollment Options with Intune
- Basics of Windows Dynamic Update Explained Update Management
- WVD End User Experience Availability Updates
- MSIX Updates from Ignite Reliability Network Disk-space
- Microsoft Learning Certification Exams Updates
- On-Prem WVD Options Azure Quantum Qualys Scan Integration
- Intune Reporting Strategies Advanced Reporting
Introduction – Microsoft Endpoint Manager(MEM)
Microsoft announced MEM in Microsoft Ignite!
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager Microsoft Intune (MEMMI)
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager Configuration Manager (MEMCM)
It was quiet surprising announcement during Microsoft Ignite that SCCM and Intune are becoming one product. And it’s called MEM. I never had any clue about these changes!!
Re-brand SCCM to MEM Configuration Manager MECM or MEMCM. More details from David James here.
Re-brand Intune to MEM Intune – MEMI 🙂 🤣🤣 that is my speculation. I don’t know what exactly Intune will be called.
What is Changing in SCCM and Intune World?
As per David James- > Is #SCCM finally dead? No, but it is rebranded; and I will be doing my best to retire the hashtag. I consider there are 3 parts to this announcement, the first is out. The other 2 key pillars are coming today and tomorrow. …#ConfigMgr#Memcm#Mempowered
@djammmer – I know a lot of folks are preparing/presenting content the next few weeks. We at Microsoft will still refer to the product as #configmgr. We will just not be using “system center” or #SCCM in the reference; as configmgr still exists! and is not going away! But is now part of MEM.
@djammmer – “Microsoft Endpoint Manager is a big step forward as we clarify our vision for the future of modern management. Co-management is a destination”!! Not a bridge, it can be a destination.
More details about SCCM & Intune Changes
The following is the quote from Microsoft announcement “The future of management: Microsoft Endpoint Manager.”
Our management vision has not been as simple as it could be. ConfigMgr and Intune have both played a role, but it hasn’t always been clear what the future holds. So, let me be very clear—this vision includes both ConfigMgr and Intune. Co-management isn’t a bridge; it’s a destination.
In addition to Intune and ConfigMgr, MEM includes the Device Management Admin Center (DMAC) and Desktop Analytics.
Video Related to MEM
- SCCM is not Dead – https://howtomanagedevices.com/sccm/1109/sccm-dead-sccm-intune-roadmap/
- SCCM Resources