Let’s check more details about SCCM 2006 Hotfix Released for Opt-in Ring. The hotfix KB447679 is available only for 2006 opt-in version. On Sep 1st Microsoft announced General Availability(slow ring) of ConfigMgr 2006 Production Version.
The SCCM opt-in version of 2006 released on August 10, 2020. The hotfix KB447679 is available only for the required environment. If you don’t see this hotfix, don’t worry much, it’s not needed for your SCCM infra.
This was announced by David James Director of Engineering, ConfigMgr & Desktop Analytics, Microsoft.
Those of you that deployed #configmgr 2006 early may see an update in your console. This will catch you up to every fix we took during the first 3 Weeks of release. If you don’t see it, you don’t need it. https://t.co/tl9RNlDtE2
— david james (@djammmer) September 9, 2020
Applicable – SCCM 2006 Hotfix
You won’t see the hotfix in your SCCM console when you have installed the slow ring version of SCCM 2006. And If you would like to know more about SCCM Hotfix is Not Visible in Console – Here is the Reason.
This hotfix applicable only if the package ID of Configuration Manager 2006 update is one of the below:
The summary of the update package installation for Configuration Manager 2006 is given below. The process of SCCM hotfix installation is similar to all other update installations.
- Install Update Package Configuration Manager 2006 Hotfix (KB4576791)
- Prerequisite warnings will be ignored
- Test a new version of the client in production
There are 14 fixes for the ConfigMgr 2006 known issues. More details about the KB447679 in the resources section of this post.
- The SMS_CLOUDCONNECTION and SMS_SERVICE_CONNECTOR components of the SMS Executive service (smsexec.exe) experience a thread leak after completing the tenant attach process.
- In an environment that is not onboarded to the Desktop Analytics service, the SMS_SERVICE_CONNECTOR component enters a critical state. Additionally, the M365AUploadWorker.log contains errors resembling the following.
- Information for updated apps fails to write to the database after completing the tenant attach process. Errors resembling the following are recorded in the SMS_CloudConnection_AppInsights.log
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) policies set using the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center may be overwritten by policies set from the ConfigMgr console.
- Desktop analytics app usage data is not monitored for up to fifteen minutes when the computer resumes from standby.
- Software Center may intermittently time out when connecting to a Cloud Management Gateway to retrieve user-available apps.
- Clients fail to download policy data and status message ID 10803 is generated. This occurs in environments using HTTPS communication and non-operating system deployment task sequences in the Software Center.
- The resultant set of policies for endpoint security Antivirus policies may be incorrect when viewed in the admin center.
- The Run Scripts functionality does not work on clients that are Azure Active Directory joined, and HTTPS communication is used in the environment. Errors resembling the following are recorded in the DataTransferService.log on the client.
- Expanding the Reports node in the ConfigMgr console may take longer than expected, up to several minutes.
- Incremental collection updates fail and collection membership is not updated. Errors resembling the following are recorded in the colleval.log file.
- The client upgrade process may terminate unexpectedly on 32-bit Windows clients.
- The collection properties window takes longer than expected on the ConfigMgr admin console.
- Performance improvements were made to increase the overall speed of the tenant attach process.
After installation of ConfigMgr 2006 hotfix KB447679, theVersion details are given below.
- Full Version – 5.00.9012.1020
- Client Version – 5.00.9012.1020
- Console Version – 5.2006.1026.2000