n this post, you will learn more about ConfigMgr 2006 known issues. The production version of 2006 is generally available. Let’s understand the fixes already issued for SCCM 2006. All SCCM infrastructure online Service Connection Point. Also, you should have any of the following versions of ConfigMgr 1902, 1906 or 1910, or 2002.
ConfigMgr 2006 Hotfix – KB Articles
Let’s check the hotfixes released for ConfigMgr 2006 production version. I will try to update this list whenever Microsoft release new hotfixes for 2006.
- Hotfix KB4584759 – Clients report Desktop Analytics configuration errors in Configuration Manager, version 2006
- Hotfix KB4580678 – Tenant attach rollup for Configuration Manager current branch, version 2006
- Hotfix KB447679 (Only applicable for opt-in version) – Update for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager version 2006, early update ring
This post is to help SCCM admins to easily go through a list of SCCM 2006 Known Issues production version. Most of the highlighted issues are collected via social media channels and Microsoft documentation.
NOTE! – These issues are not blockers for SCCM 2006 production upgrade.
ConfigMgr 2006 Known Issues
Let’s find some of the known issues officially documented by the Microsoft MEM team in the docs.
- Client policy error when you deploy a task sequence (Configuration Manager version 2006 early update ring).
- The client failed to download the policy. The data transfer service returned “BITS error: ‘The server’s response was not valid. The server was not following the defined protocol. (-2145386469).
- Workaround – update the Configuration Manager client on the device to version 1910 or later.
- Non-MS AV (SEP/MCP) turns of MS Anti-virus and causes ConfigMgr (a.k.a SCCM) task sequence to hang.
we have an issue, were non MS AV turns of MS AV… and causes #configmgr to hang. Mike – if you have non MS AV, email me and we can verify if that’s the issue.— david james (@djammmer) September 26, 2020
- More details available – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/servers/deploy/install/release-notes#client-policy-error-when-you-deploy-a-task-sequence
List of ConfigMgr 2006 Issues Fixed
Let’s understand the list of fixes already provided to Configuration Manager production version 2006.
List of Issues fixed with KB4580678
- Features, such as Scripts, in the admin center, do not appear for users that are assigned to all security scopes but are not full administrators.
- Internet-based links to approve or deny user application requests via email fail in ConfigMgr, version 2006.
- This occurs for internet-based clients managed with a cloud management gateway (CMG).
- The administrator will receive an HTTP Error 400 when clicking the email link.
- The online status listed for devices on the internet connecting via a cloud management gateway (CMG) in the ConfigMgr console may be incorrect.
List of Issues fixed with KB447679 (only applicable for OPT-IN version)
- The SMS_CLOUDCONNECTION and SMS_SERVICE_CONNECTOR components of the SMS Executive service (smsexec.exe) experience a thread leak after completing the tenant attach process.
- In an environment that is not onboarded to the Desktop Analytics service, the SMS_SERVICE_CONNECTOR component enters a critical state. Additionally, the M365AUploadWorker.log contains errors resembling the following.
- Information for updated apps fails to write to the database after completing the tenant attach process. Errors resembling the following are recorded in the SMS_CloudConnection_AppInsights.log
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) policies set using the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center may be overwritten by policies set from the ConfigMgr console.
- Desktop analytics app usage data is not monitored for up to fifteen minutes when the computer resumes from standby.
- Software Center may intermittently time out when connecting to a Cloud Management Gateway to retrieve user-available apps.
- Clients fail to download policy data and status message ID 10803 is generated. This occurs in environments using HTTPS communication and non-operating system deployment task sequences in the Software Center.
- The resultant set of policies for endpoint security Antivirus policies may be incorrect when viewed in the admin center.
- The Run Scripts functionality does not work on clients that are Azure Active Directory joined, and HTTPS communication is used in the environment. Errors resembling the following are recorded in the DataTransferService.log on the client.
- Expanding the Reports node in the ConfigMgr console may take longer than expected, up to several minutes.
- Incremental collection updates fail and collection membership is not updated. Errors resembling the following are recorded in the colleval.log file.
- The client upgrade process may terminate unexpectedly on 32-bit Windows clients.
- The collection properties window takes longer than expected on the ConfigMgr admin console.
- Performance improvements were made to increase the overall speed of the tenant attach process.