In this post, you will learn more about SCCM 2002 known issues. ConfigMgr 2002 is generally available and all SCCM infrastructure with online Service Connection Point. Also, you should have any of the following versions of ConfigMgr 1902 or 1906, or 1910.
***Updated on 31nd Aug 2020
ConfigMgr 2002 Hotfix – KB Articles
Following are the ConfigMgr hotfix KB articles available for version 2002:
- Application blade times out in Microsoft SCCM 2002 Out of Box KB 4576782
- The KB4560496 Update Rollup for SCCM 2002.
- Offline Service Connection Point – “The underlying connection was closed” – Pls refer to KB4561945
- The KB4567007 to FIX the PXE Task Sequence Slowness issue.
- The KB4563473 shall be available in Configuration Manager console only if the TENANT ATTACH is configured.
- The Hotfix KB4553501 Early version of ConfigMgr 2002.
- The KB4564442 – Hotfix for MDT build 8456 and for Windows 10, version 2004
Introduction to SCCM 2002 Known Issues
This post is to help SCCM admins to easily go through a list of SCCM 2002 Known Issues production version.
Most of the highlighted issues are collected via social media channels and Microsoft documentation.
NOTE! – These issues are not blockers for SCCM 2002 production upgrade.
NOTE! – If you have SCCM DPs and PXE servers running on Windows server 2008 R2. You need to plan to upgrade it before the latest supported version before upgrading to the ConfigMgr 2002 version of the current branch. Server 2008 R2 DP and PXE are not supported anymore. More details – here.
ConfigMgr 2002 Known Issues
All these known issues are collected from various social media platforms. I have not tested or reproduced any of these issues. I would strongly recommend raising a support case with Microsoft in case you face any of the following issues.
- PXE Boot Issues – Task Sequence Slow Issue with ConfigMgr 2002 – More details Resolving Task Sequence dependency issue.
- Task sequences can’t run over CMG
- Task sequences can’t run on a device that communicates via a cloud management gateway (CMG):
- More Details – Microsoft Docs.
- An extended security update for Windows 7 causes them to show as Unable to enroll in Desktop Analytics. More details Microsoft Docs.
- SQL 2019 Known issue with ConfigMgr 2002 – More details about the fix here.
- SCCM BitLocker Management is not supported on virtual machines (VMs) or on server operating systems. More Details here.
- None of the approved ConfigMgr Scripts are available to select even after the script is approved. You can’t be run the script against a device collection with SCCM 2002 version.
- Release notes for Configuration Manager
- SCCM 2002 Installation Step by Step Guide | MEMCM | ConfigMgr
- New Features of Configuration Manager (A.K.A SCCM) 2002 version is given in the following post – https://www.anoopcnair.com/configmgr-2002-list-of-new-features-enhancements-memcm-sccm/