One of the known issues with ConfigMgr 2010 is fixed with a new Hotfix KB 4594177. Learn how to fix ConfigMgr Client Notifications sent to all Collection Members even if you initiate an action for one device from that collection. This hotfix is applicable to all the ConfigMgr 2010 environments including both early update rings and globally available.
Microsoft released the SCCM opt-in version of 2010 on Nov 30th, 2020. You can learn more about the new features of the ConfigMgr 2010 production version. Let’s get more details from Top 5 New Features of SCCM 2010 | ConfigMgr.
The following are the details of the issue with the notification service in ConfigMgr version 2010.
Selecting a subset of devices in the collection membership view of the ConfigMgr console and choosing an option under Client Notification results in all collection members receiving the notification.
For example, after selecting one device in a collection and choosing the Restart option, all collection members receive the notification instead of just the selected device.
This hotfix is applicable only to the server-side. There is no client-side update for the hotfix KB4594177. Hence you won’t be able to see the following option in the Configuration Manager Updates Wizard similar to Client Update Settings.
Primary Server Hotfix Install KB4594177
The installation process of Hotfix for ConfigMgr 2010 Primary Server is similar to all the other hotfix installations. You need to install the hotfix either on the CAS or stand-alone primary server.
The child primary servers shall get automatically updated.
- Launch the Configuration Manager Console,
- Select the Administration tab,
- Expand Overview -> Select Updates and Services
NOTE! – Make sure that the update is already downloaded into the primary server.
- The update Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB4594177 is Ready to install stage
- Right-click on the update and click on Install Update Pack
- Click Next
- Accept the license and click on Next to continue.
- Click Next, Next, and close to start the ConfigMgr 2010 Hotfix update (KB4594177).
Summary of update package installation -Install Update Package Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix (KB4594177)
Prerequisite warnings will be ignored
The update KB4594177 is completed successfully.
SCCM 2010 version details after installing KB4594177. There is no client update for this hotfix hence no change over there.
- Console Version – 5.2010.1093.1900
- Site Version – 5.00.9040.1000
- Full Version – 5.00.9040.1019
- Client Version – 5.00.9040.1015
- Build Number – 9012
Secondary Server Update
I’ve explained how to install hotfixes on SCCM secondary servers in the previous blog posts. will let you read through the Secondary Server Hotfix Installation Guide, Fix Secondary Server Recovery Failed Issue, and Secondary Server Hotfix Installation Status.
Don’t worry about the configurations of secondary site after the recovery, it will stay intact. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- To update a secondary site in the ConfigMgr console.
- Click Administration, click Site Configuration, click Sites, click Recover Secondary Site
- Then select the secondary site you want to upgrade.
- The primary site then reinstalls that secondary site by using the updated files.
- Version 2010 of Configuration Manager Installation
- Checklist for ConfigMgr 2010
- Known Issues with SCCM 2006
- Possible Issues with SCCM 2012 to CB Current Branch Upgrade