Let’s fix Unable to Download Contents from Cloud DP Issue ConfigMgr using new KB4575790. After installing the following HFRU ConfigMgr 2006 Hotfix KB4578605 SCCM | Update Rollup | 22 Fixes there was an issue reported that unable to download the content from ConfigMgr Cloud distribution point.
The new KB 4575790 is released on 20th Nov 2020 (Friday Redmond time) to fix the cloud DP issue. The issue is that the client won’t be able to download ccmsetup.exe is unable to download the client installation file (ccmsetup.cab) from Azure blob storage.
NOTE! – I have posted about the known issues and Fixes of Configuration Manager 2006 in the previous post.
Do not Install KB4575787
Configuration Manager 2006 Hotfix (KB4575787) got superseded with the newest KB 4575790. All the fixes related to Co-management Enrollment Takes Longer are included in the new KB. Hence you don’t need to install the KB4575787.
This fix is required if the KB4578605 HFRU for SCCM 2006 update rollup is installed.
If you are planning to upgrade to the 2006 version of ConfigMgr, please follow the upgrade patch mentioned below.
- Upgrade to SCCM 2006
- Install KB4578605 HFRU Update with 22 Fixes
- Install Hotfix KB4575790
- Install Client updates after installation of KB4575790
There are two issues fixed with KB 4575790 Client setup is unable to download contents from a cloud distribution point in SCCM.
- When a CMG is configured to use a cloud distribution point, ccmsetup.exe is unable to download the client installation file (ccmsetup.cab) from Azure blob storage. This issue delays the installation or upgrade of the client because it will fall back to use another MP if available.
- ConfigMgr Internet-facing clients that only use PKI client certificates for authentication are unable to install or upgrade after installation of the following update rollup.
The installation process of Hotfix KB 4575790 to fix the admin console crash for the 2006 version of SCCM. You need to install the hotfix either on the CAS or stand-alone primary server.
The child primary servers shall get automatically updated. The ConfigMgr secondary server installation needs to be initiated manually from the console. The secondary site can be upgraded only after the update of its parent primary site.
- Launch the Configuration Manager Console,
- Select the Administration tab,
- Expand Overview -> Select Updates and Services
- The update Configuration Manager 2006 KB 4575790 is Ready to install stage
- Right-click on the update and click on Install Update Pack
- Client Upgrade options of Configuration Manager Updates Wizard
- Click on the Next button to continue
- Accept the agreement and click the Next button.
- Complete the Configuration Manager Updates Wizard by clicking on the Next, Next, and Close buttons.
- Check the status of the installation – from \Monitoring\Overview\Updates and Servicing Status\Configuration Manager 2006 Hotfix (KB4575790)
NOTE! – I have fixed a small issue while installing KB4575790 by restarting the primary server.
Let’s check the results here.
- \Monitoring\Overview\Updates and Servicing Status\Configuration Manager 2006 Hotfix (KB4575790)
Console Upgrade is the last stage of the update in a normal scenario. However, there is no console update required for the hotfix KB4575790.
- Client Version 5.00.9012.1056
- Full Site Version 5.00.9012.10526
- Site version 5.00.9012.1000
- Console Version 5.2006.1026.3000
- Client setup is unable to download contents from a cloud distribution point in Configuration Manager current branch, version 2006
- SCCM Secondary Server Hotfix Installation Guide | ConfigMgr
- Fix ConfigMgr Console Terminates Unexpectedly Error | SCCM 2006