SCCM Tools Custom DDR Client Push Manager Component Manager Inbox Monitor Switch Block MP ConfigMgr.
In this post, I would like to share 4 Awesome tools by Robert Marshall – MVP. Please read more details via his post http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/r0b/archive/2014/01/23/custom-tools-added-to-technet-gallery.aspx
SCCM Tools Custom DDR Client Push Manager Component Manager Inbox Monitor
- CustomDDR Custom DDR tool creates a custom Discovery Data Record (DDR) and delivers it to the Client’s assigned ConfigMgr Site Server using VBScript the ConfigMgr SDK SMSGEN Dll’s
- Client Push Manager Allows you to delete some or all of the Client Installation requests that might be taking place on a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Primary Site server
- Component Manager Control ConfigMgr Component status quickly and easily using the ConfigMgr Component Manager
- Inbox Monitor A ConfigMgr tool which allows you to view the file counts in the inbox folder structure for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager as well as previous versions of the product
- ConfigMgr SCCM SwitchMP tool to force an existing ConfigMgr SCCM 2012 Client from performing Management Point rotations.
- New tool–ManageMP for WINPE tool : A small tool to do some Management Point blocking during the OSD WINPE build phase.
Other useful SCCM tools by community http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22802.system-center-2012-configuration-manager-tools.aspx
Enable ConfigMgr Asset Intelligence Hardware Inventory | SCCM HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com)
Anoop is Microsoft MVP! He is a Solution Architect in enterprise client management with more than 20 years of experience (calculation done in 2021) in IT. He is a blogger, Speaker, and Local User Group HTMD Community leader. His main focus is on Device Management technologies like SCCM 2012, Current Branch, and Intune. E writes about ConfigMgr, Windows 11, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Windows 365, AVD, etc…
4 thoughts on “SCCM Tools Custom DDR Client Push Manager Component Manager Inbox Monitor Switch Block MP ConfigMgr”
Of course, there’s the ultimate tool which is SCCM Client Center.
Yes, The link in the bottom of the post has those tools details as well:)
Hi Anoop, I am fairly new to SCCM 2012, and I am trying to work out why I would want to block a MP using the 6.New tool–ManageMP for WINPE? I have searched goggle trying to understand the reason. Could explain or point me in the right direction please?
Thanks in advance,
I found the answer here http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/r0b/archive/2014/03/04/controlling-management-point-access-during-osd
“Some people are experiencing issues with Management Point selection during OSD for devices residing in DMZ’s or, in a restrictive part of the network.
They get failure because the selected Management Point is not contactable. I haven’t looked into it beyond noting that some are having the issue.”
This now makes sense, I’ve not had to build machines that sit in a DMZ before.
Thanks for the article, it got me thinking 🙂