Let’s check the videos available in part 2 of Free ConfigMgr training with more than 20 hours of technical content. This is part 2 of the Free SCCM training post. We have already produced 63 Episodes of Free Intune Training for Device Management Admins.
We have discussed setting up of Configuration Manager lab in the previous post. Behind the scenes, the entire How to Manage Devices (a.k.a HTMD) community worked hard to share the ConfigMgr (a.k.a SCCM) knowledge with the IT Pro community. There are two parts to the Free ConfigMgr training.
- Part 1️⃣ – End to End SCCM/ConfigMgr Server Infrastructure setup.
- Part 2️⃣ This Post – Technical Deep dive into SCCM Features like OSD Task Sequence, Cloud Management Gateway, Patching, Reporting, and many more.
As per my understanding, Microsoft’s learning strategy is changed from the product ( ConfigMgr/Intune/WVD) based certifications to role (architect/desktop admin/help desk admin) based certifications. So you won’t get any product-based certification anymore.
Free ConfigMgr Training Part 2
In part 2 of Free ConfigMgr training, the HTMD community team did a deep dive on each of the features of SCCM. While in part 1, we have covered the basics of SCCM (a.k.a ConfigMgr).
- OSD task Sequence.
- Cloud Management Gateway (CMG).
- Software Updates/Patching – Troubleshooting
- SCCM with PowerBI.
- Client-side troubleshooting.
- 3rd party Application patching.
- Configuration Items and Baselines.
- SCCM SSRS Reporting Tips and Tricks.
- MDT Operating System Deployment.
HTMD Weekend Live Episodes Season#1 SCCM ConfigMgr Intune etc.. – YouTube (All the videos are available in the playlist below).
SCCM OSD Task Sequence Background Process
Vishal Goyel explains how to troubleshoot the SCCM OSD task sequence with real-time live demos in this free ConfigMgr training. The following topics are covered within the video. More details are available in his blog post – SCCM OSD Task Sequence Ultimate Guide 5 Understand Process (anoopcnair.com).
- Basic SCCM OSD Task Sequence Structure
- WinPE & PXE Boot Stage – SCCM OSD Task Sequence
- Download Variable Files
- NIC Card is Initialized – SCCM MP Communication
- Time Zone Update
- Connects with SCCM MP
- List of Available SCCM OSD Task Sequence
- Policy Download & Resolving Dependencies
- Download SCCM OSD Task Sequence Content
- Launch TSManager.EXE
- OSD Diskpart
- Apply the Operating System Image
- Download OS WIM File
- Wipes Primary Partition
- Additional Windows Configurations
- Apply Network Settings
- Unattend.XML Injection
- Windows and SCCM Client Setup
Video Link – SCCM OSD SMSTS Log Background Process by Vishal Goyel -> https://youtu.be/U5L8wbJemb8?list=PL67vGzo-INWODJeLSun9N7lPWTqDckDxB&t=331
SCCM Cloud Management Gateway Implementation
Rajul OS shared the best practices of implementing Cloud Management Gateway (CMG) in the free ConfigMgr Training organized by the HTMD community. Rajul’s post about Fixing SCCM Client CMG Communication Failure Error 0x87d0027e is also useful. Take a look at – https://www.anoopcnair.com/sccm-client-cmg-communication-failure/.
- How to take Cloud Management Gateway Architecture Decisions?
- How to purchase public certificates for Cloud Management Gateway (CMG)?
- How to understand whether the clients are getting connected to the correct Cloud Management Gateway?
- How to make sure you have root certificates deployed with intermediate certificates?
- Whether the ConfigMgr CMGs are location-aware?
- Can we control the client and Cloud Management Gateway with SCCM boundaries?
Video Link – SCCM ConfigMgr CMG Architecture Decisions | Cloud Management Gate Questions – SCCM ConfigMgr CMG | Cloud Management Gate Questions by 👌Rajul OS | Answered FAQs | HTMD 📌Live Ep #6 – YouTube.
SCCM Software Update Basics | Troubleshooting Technics
Kannan CS explained software update/patching topics in this Free ConfigMgr Training organized by the HTMD community. It’s worth reading his post on installing the SCCM SUP role from Install New ConfigMgr Software Update Point Role |SUP | SCCM HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com). The following are some of the topics explained in the video.
- How to get started with Software Updates/Patching?
- What is the Architecture of Software Updates/Patching infrastructure of SCCM?
- How to Configure patching infra in the SCCM world?
- What are the top tasks of SCCM patching?
- What is the core concept of ConfigMgr Patching?
Video Link 1 Kannan – SCCM Software Update Troubleshooting Technics and Tips by Kannan – SCCM Software Update Basics | Troubleshooting Technics |Tips by Kannan HTMD Live Ep #2 | ConfigMgr – YouTube
What is PowerBI & How to Integrate with SCCM?
Mohan explained in the following free ConfigMgr training organized by the HTMD community about PowerBI integration with SCCM. It’s with reading his post about How to Build PowerBI Dashboard – How To Build PowerBI Live Dashboard Integration With SCCM | ConfigMgr HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com). The following are some of the topics covered in his video:
- What is PowerBI?
- What are the PowerBI data sources?
- How to get data from SCCM CB to PowerBI?
- Sample PowerBI dashboards
- Question and Answers related to PowerBI?
Client Troubleshooting Tips
Deepak explained how to troubleshoot SCCM client-related issues in the free ConfigMgr training episode. It’s worth reading his other post related to WMI troubleshooting – Fix SCCM Client WMI Issues & WMImgmt Errors – Fix SCCM Client WMI Issues | ConfigMgr | WMImgmt Errors HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com).
The following are some of the key points he shared about troubleshooting in the training video.
- What are the SCCM client requirements/prerequisites?
- Do’s and don’t of SCCM client troubleshooting?
- How to start SCCM client troubleshooting?
- What that the important points to remember to have better client health?
- What are the top challenges of Client health?
- What are the client health remediation & automation options?
- How to troubleshoot & fix WMI related issues with a client?
- Questions related to SCCM client troubleshooting
- DP Monitoring Error Failed To Create Virtual Directory |SCCM |ConfigMgr – https://www.anoopcnair.com/dp-error-failed-to-create-virtual-directory/
- Error Verify Inventory Action Status Failed 80041003 ConfigMgr|SCCM – https://www.anoopcnair.com/error-verify-inventory-action-80041003-sccm/
- FIX Software Center Crash Error SCNotification Has Stopped Working | SCCM | ConfigMgr – https://www.anoopcnair.com/fix-software-center-crash-error-scnotification-has-stopped-workingsccm-configmgr/
- Fix DCM Compliance Rules Error 0x87d00320 with ConfigMgr | SCCM – https://www.anoopcnair.com/fix-dcm-compliance-rules-error-0x87d00320/
Application Supersedence Options?
Harjit explained his real-world experience with 3rd Party Application Patching Using ConfigMgr Application Supersedence options in the free ConfigMgr training. The following are some of the points he explained in the training session.
- How to build a strategy for Third-party application patching without spending additional licenses?
- How to create dummy applications to help third-party patching in SCCM?
- How to use SCCM application Supersedence options to patch 3rd party applications?
- What are the SCCM application configuration best practices?
- How to remove the old applications from SCCM?
- SCCM 3rd Party Application Patching
- ConfigMgr 3rd Party Application Patching
- ConfigMgr Application Supersedence
- SCCM ConfigMgr Application Supersedence
- ConfigMgr Application Command Lines
- Firefox Best practices – ConfigMgr App Deployment
- SCCM App creation scenarios
- ConfigMgr App deployment Options
- SCCM Application Deployment User Experience
- SCCM application Deployment restart behaviors
- 3rd Party Patching Automation with SCCM | ConfigMgr
SSRS Report Creation?
Kannan CS explained the SSRS report creation and custom report creation-related best practices also shared in the following free ConfigMgr training by the HTMD community. The following queries help to understand the views and functions supported in SCCM DB.
select * from sys.all_objects select * from sys.all_objects where type = 'v'
The following are some of the topics discussed in the video.
- SQL Views access in SCCM Database.
- SQL query knowledge required.
- Knowledge about SCCM SSRS default reports.
- Whether you should use views or tables when you create custom reports?
- What are the different types of views available for SCCM?
SCCM Configuration Item Baseline?
Deepak Rai explained the concepts of the SCCM Configuration Item Baseline Explained in this Free ConfigMgr training episode. The following are some of the key topics highlighted by Deepak.
- Create custom configuration items and Baseline.
- How to create child configuration items in the Configuration Manager.
- Create configuration baselines in Configuration Manager.
- How to deploy configuration baselines in Configuration Manager.
MDT Tips and Tricks
Jitesh Kumar explained MDT Windows 10 Operating System Deployment details in the free ConfigMgr training session below. It’s worth reading his post – Deploy Windows Image Using MDT SCCM Step By Step Guide (anoopcnair.com). The key points of the video are given below:
- Review the Windows 10 Image Capturing Process
- Gather requirements
- Create MDT Task Sequences
- Configure the Deployment Share
- Offline MDT Deployment Media
- Troubleshooting Tips